materials and membrane development
MTR's Materials and Membrane Development Group evaluates new membrane materials for use in industrially important separations. These membrane materials are used in petrochemical separations, natural gas processing, and pervaporation processes.
Most MTR membranes are installed in spiral-wound modules
Recent development activities include the following:
- Perfluoropolymer membranes for carbon dioxide removal and hydrogen recovery applications
- Solid polymer electrolyte composite membranes for olefin/paraffin separation
- Polymers with intrinsic microporosity (PIMS) for gas separation applications
- Nonporous nanofiltration membranes for organic separations
- Fouling-resistant multilayer membranes for water treatment
Click here to view a list of publications on materials and membrane development.